Weekly Geeks #9

Thursday, July 3, 2008



The theme this week is to update progress on my reading challenges. I have signed up for a few challenges, but I am afraid I have fallen behind. I don't seem to be reading as much as I was a few months ago.


So far, I have read 38 books for the 100+Reading Challenge - follow the link to find out what they are. That does put me a little behind where I want to be. But, I will try to make up time during the rest of the summer. This challenge lasts through the end of the year.






The A-Z Reading Challenge has been difficult. Of course, not every book I read can be fit into the list. Toward the end of the year, I will have to go back through my list and actually find books to read and fill in the blank spots.



The Pub '08 Challenge is to read eight books published this year.

So far, I have read:


Mistaken Identity by Don & Susie Van Ryn
My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Young

I hope to start Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell in the next few weeks.



The Chick-Lit Challenge has been fun. Without it, I might have overlooked these books. I have finished Miss Invisible by Laura Jensen Walker.

My next two reads will be:

Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes

I have until September 1 to complete this challenge.





The Non-Fiction Five Challenge involves reading five nonfiction books between May and September. I am on track with this challenge.

I have read:

Desert Flower by Waris Dirie
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

I have started Nella Last's War edited by Richard Broad and Suzie Fleming - and should finish it next week. My last book will probably be The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir




The What an Animal Challenge is to read six books that have an animal in the title, an animal on the cover, an animal that plays a major role in the book, or a main character that is, or turns into, an animal.

This challenge runs from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009.

I haven't started any books for this challenge yet.

Don't you love the button!

0 comments: