First Challenge Completed!

Saturday, July 26, 2008


I have officially completed the Non-Fiction Five Challenge! I was afraid that I had joined too many challenges, but now that I have finished this one -- I feel better about finishing the others.

Thanks Joy!


My final reading list:

1. Desert Flower by Waris Dirie

2. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby

3. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

4. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

5. Smoke, Mirrors, and Murder by Ann Rule

Without a doubt, The Glass Castle was my favorite book. This memoir was so well-written that it was easy to read - even though the subject matter was extremely disturbing. If you are looking for a honest portrait of a family, flaws and all, I recommend you pick this one up.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! For me, non-fiction is usually more difficult to read, so I'm impressed with how quickly you finished all 5 books!

Erin said...

Thanks! I had a great time.