Booking Through Thursday

Thursday, August 7, 2008



- Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live?
- Or where you certainly would NOT want to live?


I have always been a huge fan of Regency romance. I know, even my husband makes fun of me.

The lives of the women in those novels are very different from mine - maids to dress you, cook for you, clean up after you. (sigh) I suppose it wasn't always easy to live in Victorian England, with all the pressure to make 'a good match', but in the novels I read, everything works out in the end.

Add to that all the irresistible dukes and counts running around sweeping beautiful girls off their feet - I suppose I am a hopeless romantic!

________________________________________


I would definitely NOT want to live in the world of science fiction. I don't watch it, I don't read it, and I really don't enjoy it. My problem is that I lack the ability to 'get my mind around' such far-fetched concepts. I think I have a pretty good imagination - but, I have something familiar to base my imaginings on.

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Ah, but what if you were one of the maids in that world?

Erin said...

OOOH, I hadn't thought of that....