Final Girls

Wednesday, September 27, 2017





Final Girls
By
Riley Sager
4.5/5 Stars


From the Publisher: Ten years ago, college student Quincy Carpenter went on vacation with five friends and came back alone, the only survivor of a horror movie–scale massacre. In an instant, she became a member of a club no one wants to belong to—a group of similar survivors known in the press as the Final Girls.

The novel opens in present day, with Quincy trying to cope with life as a final girl.  The amnesia caused by the trauma of her experience and the sudden suicide of Lisa - a final girl herself, leave Quincy wondering who she can trust and who may be stalking her. As time progresses, Quincy’s horrific past is revealed slowly through a series of flashbacks.  Quincy must face the fact that, in order to survive, she must remember what happened that night - at Pine Cottage.

I first heard about this novel when the author was interviewed on the Fan Theory podcast.  The title caught my attention right away.  I was familiar with the concept of a ‘final girl’ after watching the movie Final Girl starring Abigail Breslin.

I had high expectations for Final Girls, and I was not disappointed.  I thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns - and was pleased when the Sager’s ending was so much better than what I had imagined.

0 comments: