Ghost in the Mirror

Monday, September 1, 2008

Ghost in the Mirror: Real Cases of Spirit Encounters
by
Leslie Rule
3.5/5


From the Publisher: When you gaze into your mirror, you don't expect to see anything other than your reflection. However, you may be surprised to learn that this ubiquitous sheet of glass is really a doorway to another realm. Thousands of witnesses have stepped forward to admit that they have seen apparitions in mirrors. In fact, the mirror is one of the most common places where ghosts appear.


I have always been a fan of ghost stories. I don't like to admit it, but I actually watch A Haunting - it's a guilty pleasure. Needless to say, I was very excited to receive this book.

Rule does an admirable job with several stories in this book. They are well researched, well written, and not a little creepy. The majority of the tales, however, read like newspaper copy. Most are less than a page, and relate minimal information. Rule does include addresses of locations where the stories take place -- just in case the reader may want to do their own investigating.

Overall, I enjoyed Ghosts in the Mirror. Many of the stories were new to me, and encouraged some internet searches. My reason for the lower rating -- I would have preferred fewer, but more in-depth, stories.

Read other reivews on Library Thing.

1 comments:

Lynda said...

I've friend who would love this book - I'm now thinking of getting it her for xmas. thanks ;0)